Acura RL Steering Rack (Remanufactured)
$470.00 – $495.00
Remanufactured Acura RL Steering Racks replace OEM Part #53601-SJA-A05 or #06536-SZ3-506RM (1998–2012 Models). Includes a prepaid shipping label for return of the Core; however, a Refundable Core Deposit ranging from $125.00 to $175.00 is not included in the price. Please choose your Model Year from the dropdown menu below to guarantee fitment.
A common problem reported by Acura RL owners are defective Steering Racks with fluid leaks and noisy squeaks caused by worn out or deformed internal Seals that cannot be replaced until the Rack and Pinion (a.k.a. Gearbox) has been removed from the vehicle. The defective Gear — called a “Core” — can be R&R’ed or exchanged for a remanufactured one. SteeringPros, LLC replaces the Inner Tie Rods, Seals, and all other unusable components, then reassembles and tests each Gearbox for leaks using a computerized simulator that outputs hydraulic pressure levels to OEM specifications.
|YEAR||MAKE||MODEL||TRIM/S||OEM #||SKU #|
|2012||Acura||RL||BASE, ADV, TECH||53601SJAA05||RL-2012|
|2011||Acura||RL||BASE, ADV, TECH||53601SJAA05||RL-2011|
|2010||Acura||RL||BASE, ADV, TECH||53601SJAA05||RL-2010|
|2009||Acura||RL||BASE, ADV, TECH||53601SJAA05||RL-2009|
|1998||Acura||RL||BASE, NAV, PREM, SE||06536SZ3506RM||RL-1998|
- 2012 Acura RL BASE, ADV, TECH Models
- 2011 Acura RL BASE, ADV, TECH Models
- 2010 Acura RL BASE, ADV, TECH Models
- 2009 Acura RL BASE, ADV, TECH Models
- 2008 Acura RL BASE, TECH Models
- 2007 Acura RL BASE, TECH Models
- 2006 Acura RL BASE, TECH Models
- 2005 Acura RL BASE, TECH Models
- 2004 Acura RL BASE, NAV Models
- 2003 Acura RL BASE, NAV Models
- 2002 Acura RL BASE, NAV Models
- 2001 Acura RL BASE, NAV Models
- 1999 Acura RL BASE, NAV Models
- 1998 Acura RL BASE, NAV, PREM, SE Models
Every Steering Rack sold on this website is covered by a Limited Parts Warranty: 12-Months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Warranty replacements are subject to approval and we reserve the right to send an independent, third-party inspector to verify that all factory installation procedures were adhered to or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
You must follow all factory procedures for replacing the Power Steering Gear — which may require flushing the P/S System with an approved solvent to remove debris — as well as for introducing a new component into the Controller Area Network (‘CAN bus’) system or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided. Additionally, while a 4-wheel alignment or toe adjust is not required, the Tie Rod Boots must be straightened or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
- 2009–2012 BASE, ADV, TECH Models: Hydraulic Power Steering Rack interchanges with Acura OEM #53601-SJA-A05, and replaces obsolete Part #53601-SJA-A04.
- 2005–2006 BASE, TECH Models: Hydraulic Power Steering Rack interchanges with Acura OEM #06533-SJA-A00, and replaces obsolete Part #53601-SJA-A03 and #53601-SJA-A02.
- 1998–2004 BASE, NAV, PREM, SE Models: Hydraulic Power Steering Rack interchanges with Acura OEM #06536-SZ3-506RM, and replaces obsolete Part #53601-SZ3-A01RM.
Hydraulic Racks use Genuine Honda PSF #08206-9002. Acura cautions vehicle owners to “always use Honda Power Steering Fluid. You may use another Power Steering Fluid as an emergency replacement, but have the Power Steering System flushed and refilled with Honda PSF as soon as possible.” We also require that OEM (Genuine) Honda PSF is used or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
Acura RL Steering Rack FAQs
When will I receive my Gearbox?
Flat-rate shipping charges are as follows: UPS® Ground is $55 (Please allow 3–5 business days for delivery), and UPS® 2-Day Delivery is $195. All orders received by 3:00 PM ET ship same-day. Orders submitted after 3:00 PM will process the following business day (excludes weekends and holidays). Prices include a prepaid shipping label (RS) for return of the Core. If you are having trouble with your order or prefer to purchase by phone, call us at (702) 329–1085.
How Do We Source Our Acura RL Steering Parts?
All of our Acura RL Steering Racks are original OEM Cores remanufactured by the best machine shops in the USA and include new Inner Tie Rods and Boots. Our products are identical in fit and quality compared to a new Gearbox, and meet or exceed the original manufacturer’s specifications. Depending upon the delivery address, this product may be shipped from Baltimore, Chicago or Las Vegas to save on freight costs and shorten delivery times. It is at our sole discretion from which warehouse the product will be shipped.
How do I know this is an exact fit for my vehicle?
There are 2 SKUs available for 1998–2012 RL Steering Racks, which interchanges with either Acura OEM #53601-SJA-A05 or #06536-SZ3-506RM. Select your vehicle’s Model Year from the dropdown menu above to guarantee the exact fitment. If you need to confirm the exact Year / Make / Model of your vehicle, use this Free VIN Decoder. Prior to installing the Gearbox, we strongly recommend that you compare it to the OEM Part. Look closely for any variations or discrepancies. While we do make every effort to reduce the occurrence of mislabeled shipments, it is common sense to verify the product you receive is an exact replica of the original component. Installation of any product will render it used and therefore ineligible for a full refund per our Terms & Conditions.
When is it necessary to replace the Steering Gearbox?
Common issues reported by Acura RL owners include:
- Lack of Assist — The wheel turns easily in one direction, but with difficulty in the opposite direction. The steering wheel may also have trouble returning to center.
- Fluid Leaks — Worn out or deformed Seals may cause the Steering Rack to leak P/S fluid from the Pinion Tower or Bellows.
- Wandering — The wheel requires frequent adjustment to drive straight down the road.
- Loud Noises — Clunking sounds while turning or driving over speed bumps.
- Vibration — Jerkiness or loose feeling due to excessive play.
Ready To Buy?
Our Steering Racks don’t give any fuss. They just perform. Our products are an exact fit compared to the OEM Part, and we’ve simplified the Checkout process so that you spend more time on repairs and less time online. Most orders process same-day if placed by 3:00 PM (ET).