Acura TL Steering Rack
Our Remanufactured Acura TL Steering Racks replace OEM Part #53601-SEP-A04 (2004–2008 Models). Please choose your Model Year from the dropdown menu below to guarantee fitment.
A common problem reported by Acura TL owners are defective Steering Racks with fluid leaks and noisy squeaks caused by worn out or deformed internal Seals that cannot be replaced until the Rack and Pinion (a.k.a. Gearbox) has been removed from the vehicle. The defective Gear — called a “Core” — can be R&R’ed or exchanged for a remanufactured one. SteeringPros, LLC replaces the Inner Tie Rods, Seals, and all other unusable components, then reassembles and tests each Gearbox for leaks using a computerized simulator that outputs hydraulic pressure levels to OEM specifications.
|YEAR||MAKE||MODEL||TRIM/S||OEM #||SKU #|
- 2008 Acura TSX Base, NAV Models
- 2007 Acura TSX Base, NAV Models
- 2006 Acura TSX Base, NAV Models
- 2005 Acura TSX Base, NAV Models
- 2004 Acura TSX Base, NAV Models
Every Steering Rack sold on this website is covered by a Limited Parts Warranty: 24-Months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first. Warranty replacements are subject to approval and we reserve the right to send an independent, third-party inspector to verify that all factory installation procedures were adhered to or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
You must follow all factory procedures for replacing the Power Steering Gear — which may require flushing the P/S System with an approved solvent to remove debris — as well as for introducing a new component into the Controller Area Network (‘CAN bus’) system or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided. Additionally, while a 4-wheel alignment or toe adjust is not required, the Tie Rod Boots must be straightened or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
- 2004–2008 BASE, NAV Models interchange with Acura OEM #53601SEPA04 and replaces obsolete Part #53601-SEP-A03, #53601-SEP-A02 and #53601-SEP-A01.
Hydraulic Racks use Genuine Honda PSF #08206-9002. Acura cautions vehicle owners to “always use Honda Power Steering Fluid. You may use another Power Steering Fluid as an emergency replacement, but have the Power Steering System flushed and refilled with Honda PSF as soon as possible.” We also require that OEM (Genuine) Honda PSF is used or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
Q: When is it necessary to replace the Steering Gearbox?
A: Common issues reported by Acura TL owners include:
- Lack of Assist — The wheel turns easily in one direction, but with difficulty in the opposite direction. The steering wheel may also have trouble returning to center.
- Fluid Leaks — Worn out or deformed Seals may cause the Steering Rack to leak P/S fluid from the Pinion Tower or Bellows.
- Wandering — The wheel requires frequent adjustment to drive straight down the road.
- Loud Noises — Clunking sounds while turning or driving over speed bumps.
- Vibration — Jerkiness or loose feeling due to excessive play.