Nissan Sentra Steering Rack (Remanufactured)
$375.00 – $405.00
Remanufactured Nissan Sentra Steering Racks replace OEM Part #48001-9AF0A & #49001-4Z011 (2000–2012 Models). Includes a prepaid shipping label for return of the Core; however, a $125.00 Core Deposit (refundable) is not included in the price. Please choose your Model Year from the dropdown menu below to guarantee fitment.
A common problem reported by Nissan Sentra owners are defective Steering Racks with fluid leaks and noisy squeaks caused by worn out or deformed internal Seals that cannot be replaced until the Rack and Pinion (a.k.a. Gearbox) has been removed from the vehicle. The defective Gear — called a “Core” — can be R&R’ed or exchanged for a remanufactured one. SteeringPros, LLC replaces the Inner Tie Rods, Seals, and all other unusable components, then reassembles and tests each Gearbox for leaks using a computerized simulator that outputs hydraulic pressure levels to OEM specifications.
|YEAR||MAKE||MODEL||TRIM/S||OEM #||SKU #|
|2012||Nissan||Sentra||Base, S, SL, SR||480019AF0A||SENTRA-2012|
|2011||Nissan||Sentra||Base, S, SL, SR||480019AF0A||SENTRA-2011|
|2010||Nissan||Sentra||Base, S, SL, SR||480019AF0A||SENTRA-2010|
|2009||Nissan||Sentra||Base, S, SL, SR||480019AF0A||SENTRA-2009|
|2008||Nissan||Sentra||Base, S, SL||480019AF0A||SENTRA-2008|
|2007||Nissan||Sentra||Base, S, SL||480019AF0A||SENTRA-2007|
|2002||Nissan||Sentra||XE, GXE, CA, SE||490014Z011||SENTRA-2002|
|2001||Nissan||Sentra||XE, GXE, CA, SE||490014Z011||SENTRA-2001|
|2000||Nissan||Sentra||XE, GXE, SE||490014Z011||SENTRA-2000|
- 2012 Nissan Sentra Base, S, SL, SR Models
- 2011 Nissan Sentra Base, S, SL, SR Models
- 2010 Nissan Sentra Base, S, SL, SR Models
- 2009 Nissan Sentra Base, S, SL, SR Models
- 2008 Nissan Sentra Base, S, SL Models
- 2007 Nissan Sentra Base, S, SL Models
- 2006 Nissan Sentra Base, S Models
- 2005 Nissan Sentra Base, S Models
- 2004 Nissan Sentra Base, S Models
- 2003 Nissan Sentra XE, GXE Models
- 2002 Nissan Sentra XE, GXE, CA, SE Models
- 2001 Nissan Sentra XE, GXE, CA, SE Models
- 2000 Nissan Sentra XE, GXE, SE Models
Every Steering Rack sold on this website is covered by a Limited Parts Warranty: 12-Months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Warranty replacements are subject to approval and we reserve the right to send an independent, third-party inspector to verify that all factory installation procedures were adhered to or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
You must follow all factory procedures for replacing the Power Steering Gear — which may require flushing the P/S System with an approved solvent to remove debris — as well as for introducing a new component into the Controller Area Network (‘CAN bus’) system or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided. Additionally, while a 4-wheel alignment or toe adjust is not required, the Tie Rod Boots must be straightened or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
- 2007–2012 Base, S, SL and SR Models: Manual Steering Rack interchanges with Nissan OEM #480019AF0A / 48001-9AF0A, and replaces obsolete Part #48001-9FA0A and #48001-ET000.
- 2000–2006 Base, XE, GXE, CA, S and SE Models: Hydraulic Power Steering Rack interchanges with Nissan OEM #490014Z011 / 49001-4Z011, and replaces obsolete Part #49001-4Z001.
Hydraulic Racks use Genuine Nissan PSF #999MP-AG000P available at your local dealership. Nissan cautions vehicle owners to “always use Nissan Power Steering Fluid. You may use another P/S Fluid as an emergency replacement, but have the Power Steering System flushed and refilled with Nissan PSF as soon as possible.” We also require that OEM (Genuine) fluid is used or the Warranty will be void.
Nissan Sentra Steering Rack FAQs
When will I receive my Gearbox?
Flat-rate shipping charges are as follows: UPS® Ground is $55 (Please allow 3–5 business days for delivery), and UPS® 2-Day Delivery is $195. All orders received by 3:00 PM ET ship same-day. Orders submitted after 3:00 PM will process the following business day (excludes weekends and holidays). Prices include a prepaid shipping label (RS) for return of the Core.
How Do We Source Our Nissan Sentra Steering Parts?
All of our Nissan Sentra Steering Racks are original OEM Cores remanufactured by the best machine shops in the USA and include new Inner Tie Rods and Boots. Our products are identical in fit and quality compared to a new Gearbox, and meet or exceed the original manufacturer’s specifications. Depending upon the delivery address, this product may be shipped from Baltimore, Chicago or Las Vegas to save on freight costs and shorten delivery times. It is at our sole discretion from which warehouse the product will be shipped.
How do I know this is an exact fit for my vehicle?
There are 2 SKUs available for 2000–2012 Sentra Steering Racks, which interchange with Nissan OEM #8001-9AF0A or #49001-4Z011. Select your vehicle’s Model Year from the dropdown menu above to guarantee the exact fitment. If you need to confirm the exact Year / Make / Model of your vehicle, use this Free VIN Decoder. Prior to installing the Gearbox, we strongly recommend that you compare it to the OEM Part. Look closely for any variations or discrepancies. While we do make every effort to reduce the occurrence of mislabeled shipments, it is common sense to verify the product you receive is an exact replica of the original component. Installation of any product will render it used and therefore ineligible for a full refund per our Terms & Conditions.
When is it necessary to replace the Steering Gearbox?
Common issues reported by Nissan Sentra owners include:
- Lack of Assist — The wheel turns easily in one direction, but with difficulty in the opposite direction. The steering wheel may also have trouble returning to center.
- Fluid Leaks — Worn out or deformed Seals may cause the Steering Rack to leak P/S fluid from the Pinion Tower or Bellows.
- Wandering — The wheel requires frequent adjustment to drive straight down the road.
- Loud Noises — Clunking sounds while turning or driving over speed bumps.
- Vibration — Jerkiness or loose feeling due to excessive play.
Ready To Buy?
Our Steering Racks don’t give any fuss. They just perform. Our products are an exact fit compared to the OEM Part, and we’ve simplified the Checkout process so that you spend more time on repairs and less time online. Most orders process same-day if placed by 3:00 PM (ET).