Toyota Tacoma Steering Rack (Remanufactured)
Remanufactured Toyota Tacoma Steering Racks replace OEM Part #44250-04040 or #44250-04030 (2005–2015 Models). Includes a prepaid shipping label for return of the Core; however, a Refundable Core Deposit of $225.00 is not included in the price. Please choose your Model Year from the dropdown menu below to guarantee fitment.
A common problem reported by Toyota Tacoma 4WD and 2WD w/ PreRunner owners are defective Steering Racks with fluid leaks and noisy squeaks caused by worn out or deformed internal Seals that cannot be replaced until the Rack and Pinion (a.k.a. Gearbox) has been removed from the vehicle. The defective Gear — called a “Core” — can be R&R’ed or exchanged for a remanufactured one. Steering Pros LLC replaces the Inner Tie Rods, Seals, and all other unusable components, then reassembles and tests each Gearbox for leaks using a computerized simulator that outputs hydraulic pressure levels to OEM specifications. NOTE: This product does not fit 2WD Non-PreRunner Models.
|YEAR||MAKE||MODEL||TRIM/S||OEM #||SKU #|
|2015||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, TRD Pro||4425004040||TACOMA-4WD-2015|
|2013||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004040||TACOMA-4WD-2013|
|2012||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004040||TACOMA-4WD-2012|
|2011||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004030||TACOMA-4WD-2011|
|2010||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004030||TACOMA-4WD-2010|
|2009||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004030||TACOMA-4WD-2009|
|2008||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004030||TACOMA-4WD-2008|
|2007||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004030||TACOMA-4WD-2007|
|2006||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004030||TACOMA-4WD-2006|
|2005||Toyota||Tacoma||Base, PreRunner, X-Runner||4425004030||TACOMA-4WD-2005|
- 2015 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, TRD Pro Models
- 2014 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner Models
- 2013 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2012 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2011 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2010 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2009 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2008 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2007 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2006 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
- 2005 Toyota Tacoma Base, PreRunner, X-Runner Models
Every Steering Rack sold on this website is covered by a Limited Parts Warranty: 12-Months or 12,000 miles, whichever comes first. Warranty replacements are subject to approval and we reserve the right to send an independent, third-party inspector to verify that all factory installation procedures were adhered to or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
You must follow all factory procedures for replacing the Power Steering Gear — which may require flushing the P/S System with an approved solvent to remove debris — as well as for introducing a new component into the Controller Area Network (‘CAN bus’) system or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided. Additionally, while a 4-wheel alignment or toe adjust is not required, the Tie Rod Boots must be straightened or the Limited Parts Warranty may be voided.
- 2012–2015 Models: Hydraulic Steering Rack interchanges with OEM #44250-04040, replaces #44250-04030, and fits both 2.7L and 4.0L engines.
- 2005–2011 Models: Hydraulic Steering Rack interchanges with OEM #44250-04030, and fits both 2.7L and 4.0L engines.
Toyota Tacoma Steering Rack FAQs
When will I receive my Gearbox?
Flat-rate shipping charges are as follows: UPS® Ground is $55 (Please allow 3–5 business days for delivery), and UPS® 2-Day Delivery is $195. All orders received by 2PM ET ship same-day. Orders submitted after 2:00 PM will process the following business day (excludes weekends and holidays). Prices include a prepaid shipping label (RS) for return of the Core.
How Do We Source Our Toyota Tacoma Steering Parts?
All of our Toyota Tacoma Steering Racks are original OEM Cores remanufactured by the best machine shops in the USA and include new Inner Tie Rods and Boots. Our products are identical in fit and quality compared to a new Gearbox, and meet or exceed the original manufacturer’s specifications. Depending upon the delivery address, this product may be shipped from Baltimore, Chicago or Las Vegas to save on freight costs and shorten delivery times. It is at our sole discretion from which warehouse the product will be shipped.
How do I know this is an exact fit for my vehicle?
There is only 1 SKU available for 2005–2015 Tacoma Steering Racks, which interchanges with Toyota OEM #44250-04040 or #44250-04030. Select your vehicle’s Model Year from the dropdown menu above to guarantee the exact fitment. If you need to confirm the exact Year / Make / Model of your vehicle, use this Free VIN Decoder. Prior to installing the Gearbox, we strongly recommend that you compare it to the OEM Part. Look closely for any variations or discrepancies. While we do make every effort to reduce the occurrence of mislabeled shipments, it is common sense to verify the product you receive is an exact replica of the original component. Installation of any product will render it used and therefore ineligible for a full refund per our Terms & Conditions.
When is it necessary to replace the Steering Gearbox?
Common issues reported by Toyota Tacoma owners include:
- Lack of Assist — The wheel turns easily in one direction, but with difficulty in the opposite direction. The steering wheel may also have trouble returning to center.
- Fluid Leaks — Worn out or deformed Seals may cause the Steering Rack to leak P/S fluid from the Pinion Tower or Bellows.
- Wandering — The wheel requires frequent adjustment to drive straight down the road.
- Loud Noises — Clunking sounds while turning or driving over speed bumps.
- Vibration — Jerkiness or loose feeling due to excessive play.
Ready To Buy?
Our Steering Racks don’t give any fuss. They just perform. Our products are an exact fit compared to the OEM Part, and we’ve simplified the Checkout process so that you spend more time on repairs and less time online. Most orders process same-day if placed by 2:00 PM (ET).